Monday, May 26, 2008

Five Amazing Years With the Man of My Dreams!

This Wednesday, May 28th, will be our 5 year anniversary. We decided to celebrate this weekend so we dropped the kids off with Dale and Shauna (thanks again!)and headed to Park City for some shopping. I think we walked into every single store at the Outlets! Then we headed to the Hotel Park City where we enjoyed some much needed rest and relaxation. We had the most amazing dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I am not kidding when I say it was the best steak I have ever had. Brock was trying to eat his slowly so that he could savor every last bite. It was delish! It was so funny because we both couldn't wait to get back to the hotel room where the bed looked so comfy and soft, and we were both so excited to get an entire night's sleep with no interruptions from little Nixon. I seriously was so excited to sleep! Sad, but true. I guess that's what happens when your days are filled with a two and a half year old and a 2 and half month old! It was so great to have a real conversation with just Brock. Another thing we don't get to do very often. Then, yesterday, we tried to lay out by the pool, but as you can probably guess, it was a little too chilly, so we went to see Iron Man. We both really enjoyed it. Then back home to real life.

The song playing on the blog right now is called True Companion and it is the song we had our "first dance" to on our wedding day. I love it. I have been so blessed in my life. When I look back at the last 5 amazing years I can't help but thank my Heavenly Father for everything. I can't even narrow it down to a few things. I have the most wonderful husband, and two healthy, happy baby boys. Or as Jace would say, a big boy and a teeny boy. I love my life.

I want to thank Brock for being so good to me. He compliments me so well. He makes me feel so special, and needed, and so loved. He is so good at being a dad. The second Brock walks in the door from work Jace yells Daddy! and runs to him, and Brock plays and plays all night. He is such a hard worker and takes his "job" as the provider for our family very seriously. He does everything he can to make us happy. This has truly been the best 5 years, well, almost 7 since we met, of my life. I told Brock that I have been married to him for one fifth of my life! That is a lot! I am so grateful that we found each other, and I am looking forward to many, many more years together!
Happy Anniversary Babe!

5 comments:

Jennifer Phillips said...

oh I love the pictures and song it;s so cute it makes me teary eyed with joy and it's not even my anniversary maybe I am pregnany j/k anyway congrats on 5yrs

The Bryner Bunch said...

The slide show is so amazing! May weddings are the best (I'm a little biased) and I didn't know that Shandra got married the same day...how fun!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed your getaway...you deserved it!

Lindsey Harman said...

That was very sweet to read. I am so glad you are so well taken care of! You truly show a great example of love between husband and wife. I never hear you complain about Brock. Glad to hear you had a great time.

the watkins said...

I loved looking at your wedding pictures! Congrats on the 5 years!

just andrea said...

love it!! You've got the cutest family ever! It was so fun to go to Nixon's baby blessing and see everyone! Thanks for feeding my whole family practically! We should meet up at the Gateway soon and shop and do some lunch!!