Monday, August 31, 2009

Having a 3 Year Old Sure Keeps You Humble!

We have a scale on our bathroom floor that we all weigh ourselves on just about daily. Jace loves to get on, see the 34, and yell "Sirty-four!? I am such a big boy!" Well the other day I got on to check myself out, and Jace asked how much I was. I told him 99 pounds (okay, we all know that's not real, but one can wish). He looked at me and said, "WHOA! That is a lot of food! I've never eaten that much food!" No Jace, you haven't. But one day, you just wait. You will have eaten WAY more food than that! Then, the other day after weighing myself, he asked again, I told him the same, and this time he said, "You sure are a big girl!" Gotta love my Jace.

7 comments:

Julia Halls said...

I'm never telling that child how much I weigh. Or if I do i will say like 40 pounds or something.

Scott and Tobi said...

Ditto for me, he is never gonna know. Hasn't he been keeping you humble since, oh I don't know, he was a year maybe?

Shandi Brown said...

He is to funny! You look like 90 pounds, so that isn't far fetched!

Heather said...

Oh man... too funny!!! And I bet 99 is pretty darn close!

Anonymous said...

I agree...Mila commented very loudly about what went on (keeping this appropriate) in the bathroom at the mall...

The Bonham Family said...

That is so funny! You can always count on the little ones for some harsh truth! If he thinks you look like a big girl then I might be in a whole other category for him!! What a cutie!

The Bonham Family said...

Jenn- I spent $50 on the whole party for almost 15 kids. I did it at home to save money because every other year have gone way overboard and they had a ton of fun here. Yes, my house was a mess and my sanity a little less! But we did a pirate party and did a bean bag toss (I have one you can borrow)
Pin the treasure chest on the X-
A pinata (super cheap)
Then we decorated cupcakes with colored frosting & different halloween candy. Then if they got restless we had a Peter Pan in the background. Alot of my girlfriends are so creative and Im not! So if you need any ideas feel free to ask. I have been to a ton of their parties and they are all wonderful & super cost efficient! Sorry for the novel!!