Monday, July 5, 2010

Leila's Blessing and Brunch

This year, the 4th of July was a very special day for Miss Leila. It was her blessing day, and Brock did such a good job. She looked beautiful, and there were no mishaps with spit up, blow outs, crying, and the such.
Afterwards, we had everyone over to our house for visiting and eating. The weather couldn't have been better. I had been so stressed about it being too hot, because all week it had practically been 100 degrees! It was probably in the 70's on Sunday, and no rain either! Brock and I had been up until midnight the night before getting all the food prepared, the yard trimmed up, and the house cleaned, and it was all worth it. Everything was wonderful. We also had lots of help from family, and it was so appreciated. Thanks to everyone who helped, and who came to help us celebrate our beautiful little girl.

Here she is.


The whole dress. Yeah, its pretty much a mini wedding dress. I loved it the minute I saw it.


Sweet smiles. She looks just like Nixon did at that age with the disappearing lips!


Ahh, just love her!


She loves to stick out that tongue!


Here's the back.


And the bow. The one I ordered online got here, and was cream. It looked white online. Bummer. Brock's aunt found this one the day before her blessing at like 6:00, as the store was closing. Thanks so much Brenda! It was perfect! Well, it was once you glued the pearls on it!


And the bracelet. I made it with some help from my friend Shandra. Well, I put the beads in order, and put them on the wire. Shandra did all the hard stuff!

Here's pictures of everyone at our house afterwards. (well, not everyone, but you know)
The boys. Brock had been wearing a pink tie, in honor of his daughter. I made him change so that he would be festive like the rest of us.

The girls. I love having someone on my team.


The whole patriotic family.


Leila's grandma and grandpa Keddington.


Grandfather's wife, Elaine. Leila fell asleep the second she got her. She has the magic touch! Grandmas always do, don't they?


And, the GREATS.
My grandfather Bingham, I want to say 89?


My grandpa Sanders. 91 in next month.


Brock's grandma Bills. 88 years old.

Here is my cute niece Jaylee. Nolan and Treo's daughter.


Chloe and Brett can be found pretty much any time of day checking out their phones.


My nieces Leah, and Jaylee.


Our friends Ty and Melinda, and their 5 month old Maddox.

Jace stuffing his face. Treo and Julia in the background.
A special thanks to everyone who made this happen so smoothly. Brock and I are lucky to have so many people who love and care about us, and support us in all we do. I also need to mention my parents, who couldn't be here. It was sad not to have them here. My dad wrote the most beautiful letter to Leila, and we know they wish they could have been here. You'll be at her baptism right? That's good enough! We sure love this sweet girl!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

sorry i couldn't make it. everyone at my house ended up sleeping 'till 8:30 and when we woke up, levi said, "well, jennie's church starts in a half hour, i don't think we're going to make it." she looked beautiful and so did your whole family. lucky you.

Scott and Tobi said...

Thanks for posting these great photos and the commentary. YES. I will most definitely be at her baptism.

Love you,

Dad

Candy H said...

What fun to see all the pictures.
That little girl is so precious.
Love,
Aunt Candy

The Bonham Family said...

I bet you are loving the girl clothes! She is precious!! You look amazing. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.