Saturday, July 16, 2011

Jace Lost His First Tooth!

Jace finally lost his first tooth yesterday, July 15th. It has been loose for quite a while, and has been so close to coming out for days! We'd ask him if he wanted us to pull it out, and he'd shake his head. Then finally one day he said I could! I got a good grip on it, and totally got freaked out and chickened out. I think he was glad. Then yesterday, he went into the bathroom for a while, and when he came out he said, "Mom! Look!" and had his tooth in his hand (and blood on his mouth!) I got so excited and we took a picture and sent it to daddy right away. Brock called as soon as he got it, and Jace was so excited to tell him what he did. Jace is getting so big!





Of course, you can't pull a tooth out and not get a visit from the Tooth Fairy! Jace was so excited (and so were we) to put his tooth under his pillow. He woke up extra early this morning to find money and a card under his pillow instead of his tooth! We were so happy to see him so excited, even if it was only 7:15!



Apparently, the tooth fairy gives big bills for the first tooth! We told Jace not to expect that much on the next 19, or however many he'll lose.



The cute card.








We just love hitting new milestones with our kids! It's so much fun!

2 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

YAY! I can't believe he pulled the tooth out all by himself! That's so awesome. I only did that with one tooth. I was too chicken to pull any of the others out myself ;)

Fred Collinsworth said...

The tooth fairy's quite a poet, I see. Haha! Congratulations to Jace for an awesome first! It's cool that he was able to pull his tooth out by himself. It takes guts to do that, especially for kids that age. Again, congratulations!