Saturday, April 26, 2008

Stopping to smell the...Tulips

I got home from Maui yesterday and all the girls in Brock's family were going to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point so I had to go. It was really beautiful. I can't believe its been five years since I was there getting my Bridal pictures taken in all the tulips. When we got there, one of the workers said that since it has been so cold, only about half of the flowers were blooming so only 150 thousand or so. I can't believe they have 300 thousand tulips! Anyway, as you can imagine, that was plenty. They are so pretty. Nixon and his cousin Beckett were perfect gentlemen and slept the whole time, while I can't quite say the same about Jace. He had a lot of fun though. There is a really big, steep hill right when you walk in and Jace had to run down it. I thought he was going to lose it a couple of times when his legs got going faster than his body! It was so funny! Anyway, I think it ends today unless they extend it for the weather, and I suggest going. It's a little steep at $10 a person, but if you love flowers and want to spend a nice day outside, you should go.

No comments: