Saturday, April 26, 2008

The sweet bliss that is...Hawaii

My parents have a place on Maui and every year they take one of the kids and their family. This year was Julia's turn and a couple of weeks ago she had the idea that I should go with her. Well, once I hear the word Hawaii, I am going to do all in my power to make it happen. I was a little shocked when Brock said he thought I should go, so I booked a flight and the rest is history! Nixon and I packed up and headed out there last Thursday, the 17th and got back yesterday. I was a little nervous about having a 7 week old on such a long flight, but as always, he was the perfect gentleman. He cried for about 10 minutes the whole flight. And the flight home he never cried. I'm sure everyone on the planes were even happier than I was. My parents were such good hosts. They had already been there a week when I got there and had to share a room with me (and the newborn that doesn't yet sleep through the night) for two nights and never said a negative word about it. Then Julia joined us on Saturday and we went to the Volcano. It was really high and so beautiful up there. We drove through all the clouds on our way up, and then once we were at the top we were looking down on the clouds. It was amazing. Then we spent our time at the beach and the pool and shopping in Lahaina. From Saturday to Thursday, Julia had to share her room with us, and again, was so sweet about it. Nixon was really good though. He slept from about 8 to 3 and then to 8 or 8:30 most nights. I love Hawaii. This was about my 6th time, and it never gets old. I was sad that Brock and Jace had to miss it though. I just kept thinking how fun Jace would have had in the sand and water and how fun it would have been to watch him. Luckily, its our year to go with mom and dad next year, so I will get to watch him and Nixon will be one then, so he will get to enjoy it more too. He didn't even know he was in an entirely different state, and such an amazing one at that. I got off the plane in Salt Lake yesterday and it was soooo cold! I hate Utah! It's April! Back to normal life I guess.

5 comments:

Shandi Brown said...

Nixon is beautiful!!! Those pictures are precious. It was a surprise to me that you had gone to Hawaii, because I remember Julia saying she was going. How fun! That is neat you got to spend so much time with your family and every one gets to focus on little Nixon. I am jealous!!

the watkins said...

That sounds like so much fun! That is cool that you were able to go spend time with your parents and Julia. The pictures of you and Julia are beautiful, and Nixon is a spoiled baby to already be going to Hawaii!

Heather said...

Such cute pictures! Oh I am so jealous. Looks like you guys had such a great time. And Nixon is just so handsome :)

Jennifer Phillips said...

I can't believe that he smiles already how cute is that, I can't remember if Cohen started smiling that young, I don't think he did, Nixon looks so awake and alert and soooooo cute. I am glad you had fun in MauiWowie welcome back to sucky old Utah

Lindsey Harman said...

Nixon is getting so big already. He's sure cute!! I was jealous of your pics in Hawaii. It looks like you had a great time. A well deserved trip for such a good mama!!