Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ward Campout

Last weekend Brock and I took the boys on our ward campout. We are on the activities committee, so we had to go, but we did have a good time. It was in Coalville, which is about 20 miles past Park City, and we got there around 7:30 Friday night. Just in time to set up our tent (in the dark, with no instructions), roast marshmellows, tell stories, and drink hot chocolate. It was FREEZING! We all huddled around the fire until we decided to go to bed. Brock and I had a pretty miserable night trying to stay close for warmth, and worrying about the boys. Jace slept just fine the whole night, Nixon woke up once and got mad when we tried to stick a frozen binkie in his mouth. Luckily he only cried until his binkie warmed up, and then he fell asleep. He was so bundled, he kind of felt sweaty, but I was just glad he wasn't as cold as I was. Brock and I tried to spoon, but we couldn't get comfortable and warm. Needless to say, we were exausted the next morning, and all day Saturday. We had french toast, hashbrowns, sausage, and hot chocolate for breakfast which was so yummy. Then we packed it up and headed home. Next year I will suggest going in July!

1 comment:

the watkins said...

I am impressed you guys went. We just got off the activities committee and I was kinda relieved... esp. since I still don't have a calling.