Monday, September 29, 2008

Friends

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

There is almost nothing that I love more than being with my friends. I have been so blessed to have the most amazing, caring, funny, silly friends. This past weekend all my girls from high school (well, most of them) were able to leave our children and husbands behind, and spend a night downtown in a hotel. We had sooooo much fun. I just want to say thank you to all of them for remaining my closest friends through all of these years. The last time I was up until 3 or 4 in the morning was probably when Brock and I were dating! We laughed, and cried (not all of you were there when tears were shed, but those who were, thanks for listening and sharing). We played, and ate, and soaked illegally. I love you all. Thank you for all you do for me. Lets do it again soon.

And remember, this Wednesday, my house at 1:00.

9 comments:

Veronica said...

Sounds like such a fun time! Isn't it great to have a group like that to stay close to? I still have my "regulars" that I see in Houston.

Stephanie said...

soo fun. loved it. wasn't there for the crying but i hope everything's ok.

Heather said...

I think it should become mandatory that we do that like every 2 months or something. SO much fun!! Loved it!

Anonymous said...

I just love you! I'm so glad that we've made the effort to get close again...you guys are awesome and I hope you know how great YOU are!

Shandi Brown said...

Jennie, that was so much fun! Besides the fact I had to leave and got the boot:) I am sooo glad we have had this extra time to get together with our kids and hang out more. I am happy for you, but sad that we may not be able to continue that, but we will have to start something to continue to keep in touch.

Treo Sanders said...

Sounds like so much fun. I totally agree. What would we do w out our friends. Hope things are well w you guys. We miss you and hope to see you soon.

The Bonham Family said...

What a fun night! Nothing better than a over-nighter! I agree it keeps you young and silly!! I guess we all have this tendancy to act like grown-ups and get all serious and there is nothing like a GNO to let ya remember to stay fun!!!

Shandi Brown said...

I have been thinking about you and just wanted to say good luck tomorrow, I hope everything goes well with your first day!!!

Jill and Paul said...

ok, so im just waiting for the pics!! you do have great friends, and theyre lucky to have you!