Monday, December 1, 2008

ALREADY?!?! He's Only 3!

I guess it starts young.
Every time we go to Brock's grandparent's house, we all sit around and look through the ads. Jace has already started pointing everything out saying, "I want that, and that, and that, and that"...you get the idea. He thinks he is getting everything he sees for Christmas. I didn't know it would start so young! He was nice enough to point to something he doesn't want, or that is for a girl, and say, "I'll get that for you mommy." He's so nice. He was doing this all weekend, and finally I said, "Where is the money coming from for all of this stuff you want, and all the stuff you're buying for us?" He quickly replied, "In daddy's pocket." It was so funny. I guess they learn young.

Then, on Saturday, we went to Costco with Brock's parents and Shauna took Jace to get a hot dog and a drink for Dale. Jace saw a churro, and asked Grandma if he could have one. Being the kind, generous grandma that she is, she said that of course he could have one. He looked up at her with a serious look on his face and said, "Grandma, I don't want to ask Santa for it." She started laughing, and said, "Okay, you don't have to ask Santa, you can have it right now."
I guess we have been telling him a little too often, that he needs to ask Santa if he really wants something. He is so funny.

3 comments:

the watkins said...

Its so funny to hear how kids see things and interpret what you tell them. I am sure it is so fun to go through the holidays with a 3 year old!

Stephanie said...

I agree with Mindy. I can't wait for Claire to understand Christmas. I actually can't wait (in the most patient and living-in-the-moment way) 'till Claire can talk. They say the funniest things! These types of things are what you should definitely write down so they can read them when they get older. Levi's mom did that and I think it's such a great idea.

AOKI CIRCUS said...

That is so cute!
Also, I really am going to do the house post. I keep forgetting until I sit down at my computer at night. Then everyone is sleeping so I can't go around and take pictures. I don't want you to think that I ignored your tag because I love seeing everyone's homes - it's the real estate agent in me.
Hopefully I'll see you on Thursday!