Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter, as always, was great this year. I am so grateful for the true meaning behind Easter, and of course, I am so grateful for the Easter Bunny side of it too! I even used it to get Jace to go to primary without whining. Good mom. "If you go to primary and don't cry, we will go to grandma's house and see what the Easter bunny brought you." I'm ruthless. What would we have done if he cried? Gone to grandma's house and see what the Easter bunny brought him. Yeah, I know. But it worked.

Anyway, we only went to one side of the family this year as my parents are in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for the next 3 years. (minus one month!)
The boys really loved searching for their eggs and their baskets, and when they were done, the real fun began. Brock's parents really hide our eggs. They have money in them, so its worth the search. They also hide our baskets with a bunch of goodies. This year did not disappoint. Thank you so much Dale and Shauna! You two are too nice! We then went to Brock's grandma and grandpa's house for dinner and dessert. Yum Yum! What a beautiful day for all of it too. We had a blast!

5 comments:

the watkins said...

I have a feeling I might use similar techniques to get my kids to do the right thing... I do that with my students sometimes and then later realize that I wouldn't have followed through with the consequence.

Why are your parents in Malaysia? Mission? Sorry if you already blogged about this and I just missed it.

Melanie said...

Looks like a fun day. I've decided that I think Nixon looks a little like Justin...maybs. Has anyone ever said that? Hope to see you all sometime soon.

Shandi Brown said...

Fun!! What a cute family!!

Stephanie said...

Your kids are so dang cute. Easter egg hunts are the best, so are empty threats to your children haha that's so funny.

Paula said...

Cute pics Jennie!
Love the slideshow!! :)
Kids make all the holidays 100x better!