Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh BOY!

It's a GIRL! For those of you whom I have not yet contacted, Brock and I went in to have our ultrasound yesterday. I got out of the gym around 10:45, and headed to the 11:00 appointment. I had a message on my phone from the Dr.'s office saying that the ultrasound technician was coming in from Park City and because of the horrible snow storm she was running late. They asked if I could come in later. Well, I was a little upset. I had already waited until 21 weeks, and I could not wait another minute! I told them I was already on my way, and so was Brock, so they said to come on in. I got there, and they had a couple in the room, and there was one couple in front of me. This wouldn't have been so bad except for the fact that I had dutifully drinken, (or is it drank, or drunk) my 32 ounces of water, and I was going to pee my pants. I asked if it would be okay if I went to the bathroom, and the lady said, "Yeah, just empty your bladder a little bit, and then drink some more water. You should be just fine." Um, what? Empty my bladder a "little bit"? Is that even possible? "I can't stop once I've started. It stings!" -Lloyd Christmas, Dumb and Dumber. Anyway, I emptied it all the way, and big surprise, I had to go again like 5 minutes later. When they finally called us back, I was really nervous. She was doing all the normal checks- head size, heart chambers, kidneys, bladder, bla bla bla right? I was trying to see if I could see anything down there. Then she said, "Well, I think...wait just a second." Then she pushed on my stomach and wiggled it all around, and said, yup, you're having a girl!" I immediately started crying, and asked if she was sure. She said she was shaking her around to make sure nothing was hiding. Jace said, "Well, I think its a boy." Brock even got a little teary-eyed. I am still very much in shock, and will hold on to a little skepticism until this baby comes out a girl. I love my two boys more than anything, but I think its time that I get to play dress up! Buy some bows, some jewelry, and some fluffy things. We're so excited!

14 comments:

foxie4 said...

It really is fun!! I wouldn't trade my boys, but it is sooo much fun dressing up Berklie and painting her nails!! Your daughter is going to be Gorgeous!! Congrats

Audrey said...

Your boys are so adorable, I can't even imagine how cute your little girl is going to be!!

You're going to love everything that comes with a girl! I'm so excited for you!

the watkins said...

Oh YAY! Congrats, you will have such a cute little girl.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Congrats! Like everyone said you will LOVE having a girl. You can't buy enough for them that is the problem! Congrats!

Veronica said...

I am so happy for you!!! Y'all are gonna make such a pretty girl! Welcome to the club :)

Spencer and Amy said...

This is great! Girls are so much fun!!

Lac said...

Congrats! There is nothing like a girl, you're going to love it!

Margo said...

I am so excited for you guys!! A girl yea!! She is going to be soo pretty!

The Bryner Bunch said...

Wahoo!You got your girl!!! I am soooo exccited for you! You have given me hope that it may be possible for me:)

Bel said...

Yay how exciting you are finally getting your girl, they are sooooooooo much fun to dress! Congrats!!!!

Amber said...

Oh so fun! And I'm always glad to hear that people who have 2 of the same gender can have a third of the other! Yay for girls and pink and bows. It's so so so fun.

Scott and Tobi said...

All these miles away and you still make me laugh out loud. (The housekeeper, Emma, thinks I'm crazy.) We're so happy for you. You needed to have a girl.

Love, Dad

The Pennington's said...

Congrats Jenn! Thats so exciting!!!

Lindsey Harman said...

fso excited for baby girl!! I finally added blogs to my reader so I hope to keep better updated on the happenings of your life. xoxo