Friday, September 2, 2011

When Daddy's Away, the Kids Will...

...sleep with Mommy!
Whenever Brock is gone at night either out of town, or just somewhere late (this night he had gone on a late run with a friend) all the kids and I snuggle up in my bed and watch a movie until we fall asleep. Then Brock gets home, puts all the kids in bed and climbs in. I love it! We started out with Jace on the outside, then Nixon, Leila, and me. Nixon and Leila wouldn't stop fighting, well, Leila wouldn't stop hitting Nixon, so I had to get between them. Other than that, it was a nice peaceful evening! Love my kids!

Daddy got home and found Leila in this funny position so he had to take pictures. The light isn't on, it just looks bright from the flash.





It's moments like this that make me love this stage of my life, and my kids lives. I know that this kind of thing won't happen for much longer, and I just need to soak it all in!

4 comments:

the watkins said...

So true. Congratulations on working part time.... it really is such a hard choice.

the watkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott and Tobi said...

I enjoyed all of your posts Jenn. Your kids are so dang cute. Little Leilas scrunched up face and all.

Love, Dad

michelle said...

Hahaha...Jennie! I thought you wanted a girl so you didn't have to have three fighting boys. Little did you know your girl would be a little hitter.