Thursday, September 15, 2011

Zoo Day

My friend Jenn invited us to go to the zoo with her and her kids on Tuesday. I almost didn't end up going, and beside the fact that it cost a crazy $23 to get in, I am so glad we went! There were less people there than I have ever seen, and it wasn't crazy hot like it always is when we go.
Jace wanted a picture on the tiger statue.



Playing in the reptile room. It is so gross and humid and stinky in there, but the kids LOVE it!




Zoey, Leila, Cohen, Nixon, and Jace with some yucky snakes, lizards, and spiders behind them.




We rode the carousel, but I couldn't get any pictures since I was holding Leila. She loved it, and so did the boys. But Leila really loved it. She cried for about 5 minutes when it was over and I had to take her off.


Then Jace saw these weird horse things and had to get a picture. He's mad though, because there are two horses and he wanted me to take a picture of him on one and Nixon on the other but the other one had a line of kids. Every time someone would get off and someone else would get on he'd say, "Hey! It's my brother's turn!" He wasn't very patient waiting for those 3 kids to get off.



Finally it was free, and I got this awesome picture! Totally worth it right? Best picture ever! Ha!



They always love to play with the big black water ball. Again, Leila had a fit when we left.



For some reason, I thought the train ride would be free, so I asked the kids if they wanted a ride. Of course they did! Well, it's $1.50 each. Not horrible, but after spending so much to get in, I was a little bugged. Jace wanted to take a picture of us. He sat in the front row, and we were behind him. We had the entire train to ourselves! Not the best picture ever, but it wasn't Jace's fault.

2 comments:

Scott and Tobi said...

I love your blogs so much. You will really enjoy these in years to come and so will the kids.

Love Mom

Lish or Coors said...

I could have gotten you on the train for free too. We went right before we left and we were the only people on it! It was so awesome! Perfect day for the zoo.