Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Birthday Party #1

I saw the idea of a rainbow themed birthday party on Pinterest, and decided to go with it for Miss Leila's birthday.  I didn't go crazy, but put together a few little things.  We just had family parties, and since our house is too small for both sides at once, we had the Sanders over for party number 1 on her actual birthday.
The set up

Julia made this fruit rainbow.

I  made these ribbon wands for the kids to take home.
And the cake - both the cake and the frosting were found on Pinterest!
We had yummy taco salad for dinner, and then started in on the presents!  Her brothers are so nice to help!



Ooh, a princess wand

LaLa Loopsie Mermaid
My Little Pony

Granny and Grandpa got her a rainbow shirt and didn't even know about the rainbow theme!  They should have had her open it and wear it for the party!

Here she is showing us how old she is and saying TWO!


Feeding her new baby doll.  I just love this picture!

Once all the presents were opened, she gathered her favorites and tried to keep them safe from everyone else!

She gathered her new toys into a corner on the couch and just sat there protecting them.
Next up was cake time!  She was so cute while everyone sang to her.  She was singing right along with them!



She got in two full blows by herself before Nixon finished them off for her.  I love Giada's mouth being covered in the background here!


I caught her licking the cake while I was getting the knife ready.
Surprise!  Rainbow cake!




The cake turned out pretty cool, and even though it was kind of tedious, it was very easy to make.  I think Leila had a pretty good birthday minus the pain of getting her cute ears pierced!  Thanks to my parents for helping to get dinner ready!

2 comments:

the watkins said...

Cute party and I love her little earrings!

Joey and Nettifer said...

oh my gosh that party is SO cute. I am so impressed with the cake and decor. You are amazing! Good Job!
Leila looks like she had a wonderful day. She is so stinking cute.
I do love the picture where that little girls has her mouth covered - totally laughed!