Wednesday, February 11, 2015

12 Week Challenge

Brock and I entered a 12 week Challenge at our gym at the end of September.  I thought it would be good to be on a strict diet and workout plan through the holidays, and while it was, it was also the hardest thing I've ever done!  12 weeks doesn't really seem like that long of a time when you say it, but as you are doing it, it is crazy long!  I wanted to see if I stuck hard to a diet and workout plan for that long, what my body would do.  It was pretty amazing.  I had definition, and muscles everywhere by the end!  I had a six pack!  (Although, the after pictures below don't look that great).  I learned a lot about myself, and about my body.  I learned that I rely heavily on carbs, and really just being able to eat what I want when I want.  I was noticeably shorter tempered, especially with my kids, and that's not okay with me.  I learned that I don't ever want to diet again.  It's just not worth it.  When all was said and done, I ended up losing 11 lbs., 3% body fat, and 4.5 inches off my waist and hips.  Which is amazing. But again, not worth it.  When I eat whatever I want, whenever I want, I might weigh more, and not have quite the abs that I would like to have, but I am happy.  And I honestly notice a difference in my patience level, and attitude.  I ended up tying for first place!  I am so glad it's over, and that I won!  But again, I don't want to diet ever again!  I love going to the gym, and working out, and I'll continue to do that, but I love food, and I'm going to enjoy it!

These first pictures are at 6 weeks - so half way.




And these are the before and after pictures that they took at the gym.  I'm kind of disappointed with my afters.  My arms and back look really good, but when I looked in the mirror, I honestly had so much more definition in my abs than these after pictures are showing.  (Brock stopped the diet like 3 weeks in :))



No comments: