Monday, January 24, 2011

Leila Jade is 9 Months!

Leila turned/became 9 months old on January 14th. She is getting so big! I just can't believe it. We had her 9 month well check last week, and she is doing great. Her tear ducts have both opened mostly. They still get infected every time she gets sick, so they think that they may be opened, but just slightly. We'll take her to an eye doctor after her next appointment if they're still bad. When she's not sick though, they are clear and beautiful! She loves all foods. She is not picky. Just like her mom. She is still not crawling, but can reach like the best of 'em! She will get bent so far over that she is practically laying on the ground, but that one pesky leg always gets stuck! Once she figures out how to get that leg behind her, she'll be good to go! She recently had both of her bottom middle teeth break through, and her top two are swollen, and look like they may break through at any moment. When we were at the doctor, Dr. Burnett asked if she had been fussy at all lately. I said no. She's never fussy, why? Oh, she has an ear infection in her right ear! Poor baby. She is just too sweet to let us know! She did wake up the night before that and was fussy for about 10 minutes which is very unusual for her. I guess that was it!
In this picture I asked her to show me her teeth! She didn't want to.


Here she is yesterday after church. Still no hair, but the most beautiful baby girl I know!


With new teeth, and others trying to break through, she loves to chew on things. Water bottles are a favorite.


Yeah, that's the same dress she wore in her 1 month photo shoot. It was a little big then, but I can't believe it still fits! It was the first thing I bought when I found out she was a girl.


We sure love our Leila bug!


She weighed in at 17 lbs. 8 oz. which is the 25th %
She was 27.5" long which is the 60th %
I can't remember what her head circumference was, but it was the 70th %
So she's tall, thin, and smart. Every girl's dream.

5 comments:

Heather said...

She is too cute!! Such a doll. I have been playing blog catch up lately! We've been wanting to try Ruth Chris and it looks so good. Glad you guys had a fun date night! Man, kids are the best and the craziest sometimes right? Seriously, what a ride. We need to get together.

The Johnson Family said...

No worries that my baby weighs more at 6 months! Yikes. She is so cute, and I'm so happy to hear that her tear ducts have gotten better. She is so adorable eating graham crackers. I love that she licks her fingers. Good girl!

Valerie said...

She really is darling. I just love those big blue eyes

Scott and Tobi said...

Oh sweet, sweet baby!! I miss you so much.

Love Granny

The Pennington's said...

That little face is darling! Its crazy how fast they grow up...were did the last 9 months go!