Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Nixon's Forehead Wound

The other day the boys were running around our living room and I told them to stop before someone hits their head on our TV stand.  Well, what do you know?  Literally, within 30 seconds of me saying that, Nixon tripped and slammed his head right into the corner of it!  He grabbed his face so fast and was crying and I just knew he had cracked it and was bleeding, but when he took his hands away there was no blood.  Just a nice big purple dent.  I grabbed him up and as I was holding him I saw it start to fill with fluid.  It became a huge goose egg in a matter of seconds, and looked awful!  I took a picture on my phone and this is what it looked like a few minutes after the hit.
I have taken a few more pictures since then to document since it's now been almost 2 weeks, and he is still bruised.  
This was a couple of days later.  It looks great! Practically gone.

Then a couple of days later we noticed his right eye started getting black.



Then it went into the left eye as well, and kind of started getting green. 
Poor kid.  Luckily he wasn't in pain for too long.

1 comment:

Tobi said...

I loved all these posts. I just miss you, Brock and all your kids. Soon, soon I will be home and seeing things for myself.

Love Mom