Saturday, July 6, 2013

All Star Try Outs

Brock took Jace to try out for All Stars and took just a few pictures.  We were really proud of Jace for trying out.  We talked to him about it, and I asked him if he wanted to try out.  He said he did, until I explained that it is try outs, and there will be lots of other boys there trying to make the team, and he might not make it.  He changed his mind and said, "What if I don't make it?"  I told him that that would be just fine, and that I thought he should try out just to see what it's like.  And if he did make it, it would be so fun!  He still didn't want to.  Then, I asked Brock what he thought about it.  He said that he was just like Jace.  So afraid that he wouldn't make the team, that he didn't try out.  And he has regretted it ever since.  I told Jace this, and it made him change his mind.  He went and tried out, and was eager to hear back from Coach Skee whether he had made it or not.  He didn't end up making it this year, but we're all happy that he went for it, and so proud of him for not being scared.  We told him we'd practice really hard so that he could make it next year.  Brock said that at tryouts he had to hold back tears a couple of times because he was just so proud of Jace for trying.  Love him.  Love them.







No comments: