Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Weather Outside is FRIGHTFUL!

It's always around this time of year that Brock and I have a conversation about how we can get ourselves out of Utah, and somewhere that snow has never been seen. Our conversation usually goes something like this:
Jennie- I HATE being cold!
Brock- I know, so do I.
Jennie- I HATE the snow!
Brock- I know, so do I.
Jennie- I HATE Utah!
Brock- I know, so do I.
Jennie- Lets move to Hawaii.
Brock- Okay.
Jennie- No seriously, lets move to Hawaii!
Then Brock has to bring me back to reality, and remind me that its just not going to happen.
There are just not enough reasons to make me like winter in Utah. I love a white Christmas, but even if it just snows during the night so we have snow on the ground in the morning, and then it melts by afternoon, that would be great. Skiing, snowboarding, sledding, they're okay, but the majority of my time is not spent doing those fun things. I just wish I could live in Hawaii every winter, and here every summer. Of course, since I'm wishing, I wish everyone I knew lived in Hawaii, then I wouldn't have to ever come back to Utah!

9 comments:

Jennifer Phillips said...

I am excited to see you this weekend, it's just not the same without you at our playdates. How is work going? Have things picked up at all? Are you liking it more?

Lindsey Harman said...

Come to California!! :)Snow only sucks for me when we don't have a garage. :)

Amber said...

Try Texas--it's 75 today and sunny and beautiful! And a lot closer than Hawaii! Hey, we've got beaches too...or at least we did before the hurricane :)

The Bonham Family said...

I agree it is very hard with kids to love the snow! That's why we will all become super rich one day and have a home in every state!

Stephanie said...

Oh I love that it snowed! My thing is that it can snow all it wants before new years, but after that, it's just not allowed. Winter should end with New years. Try getting moon boots from Target. I don't know if they still have them, but I have a pair and they're THE warmest boots I've ever owned. 15 bucks. I don't care how ridiculous they look. Oh, and another great thing about the snow; Claire fell flat on her face in it. Kind of funny.

Shandi Brown said...

I feel the same!! Whenever I talk about the cold people ask where I am from. I was raised here, but still can't handle the cold! Hey, in Oahu on the West side everyone just gets nice tents and lives on the beach, that might be the way to go!

Paula said...

Ah, yes....Chris and I have had that conversation on many occasions! I just never thought of Hawaii! : ) Your family pics are soooo CUTE!!! I love it! Super original! Boys are adorable too! I wish Phoenix and Nixon lived closer, I'm sure they would be pals!

Nate and Nicole said...

Jennie,
Thanks for the info on the job! I am checking out their website right now and it looks like a really fun job. Do you know if they would work around school schedules? If so, do they have part time positions or are they all full-time? You can email me at nicjacobson@gmail.com if you want...

Jill and Paul said...

seriously, you guys could totally move to hawaii. its do-able! you just have to really really want to! its really expensive, but you can live very frugally and simply. it worth everything to live there! trust me! im dying to go back! you would love it