Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ladies Only!

I love girl's night. There is just something about being with my ladies that makes me so happy!
I have been in the Young Women's program in my ward for about 6 months now, and I just love it so much. One of my favorite things about it is the wonderful women I get to serve with. I have gotten to know them all, and just love them so much. We get together once a month and go out to dinner and talk about anything except our lovely young women. Don't get me wrong, we love them, but that is all we talk about every other time we're together, so it's a nice break to just chat, and get to know each other better. All while getting to know some of the yummy places in Bountiful. I am so lucky to know you all!

Jules, Lynette, Lyndsey's baby Lauren, Me, Annette, and Lyndsey. Cheryl couldn't make it :(


A couple of weeks ago, I got together with some of my high school ladies for a much needed GNO. We went to dinner, got some yummy cupcakes, and stayed in a hotel for a night. I have to be honest, I was a little disappointed with the turn-out. Not with who the turn-out was, but the fact that if we all came there would be like 20 of us, and only 5 came. I wish everyone loved girl's nights and made them as much of a priority as me. Just sayin. Yeah, I just said Just sayin. Anyway, we had so much fun like we always do. When we got back to the hotel after dinner we went to relax in the hot tub and got to reminisce a bit when a group of high school girls came in to play in the pool. They were loud and obnoxious, and all we kept saying was that was US 10 years ago! They kept apologizing for being so loud and we'd just laugh. Then a group of boys showed up to crash their party and we laughed even harder. Again, that is exactly what would have happened. Someone would have "leaked" the hotel to the boys and they would have come to bug us. We just sat, and watched, and enjoyed as the girls ran away squealing and we actually ended up chatting with the boys for a while. When we told them that we had graduated 10 years ago, they told us they thought we were like 21 and it definitely made our night. Especially considering 3 of the 5 of us were pregnant, and one due in 2 weeks! I told them I had been married for almost 8 years and had three kids, and I think that blew their minds! It was hilarious. Anyway, we had a blast. Love you ladies! Thanks for taking time out of your busy lives to keep our friendship alive!

Lisa, Jenn, Me


Mindi, Heather


2 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

What a fun girl's night! I think it's so great that you have this group of girls you are so close with. What a special blessing!

Lindsey Harman said...

Um...what 3 are pregnant?? I only know of 2 I think?! I feel so out of it! Fun to catch up on your blog. I know you are out of the country. Hopefully we'll catch up soon. XOXO