Monday, June 4, 2012

Kindergarten Field Trip to the Zoo

I was lucky enough to get to be a volunteer, and tag along with Jace on the Kindergarten Field Trip to the Zoo.  It was a perfect overcast day, so it wasn't too hot, and it never rained either!  I had so much fun watching Jace with all of his friends.  He is such a clown!  Always trying to make everyone laugh.  I was in charge of watching 5 cute kids including Jace.  We had lots of fun together. 


Jace, Lizzie, Ellie, Noelle, and Jack

Jace's favorite thing at the zoo is the snakes.  Unfortunately for me, they are in the reptile building, which is so hot and humid, and smells so so awful!  He could spend all day in there!  


You can't tell, but there is a big alligator behind them

We stopped for lunch along the way.


We saw Jace's best friend Aaron, and I had to get a picture.

We probably stood in front of this water spraying elephant for 20 minutes!  The kids loved it, and were laughing so hard!
 We had to get the gorilla shot!



Jace and Lizzie on the bus ride home.  Lizzie went to preschool with Jace, so we've known her for a long time.  They're in the same class next year too!
I love that I was able to tag along with Jace on his field trip.  I know that it won't be too long before he's embarrassed by me, so I will take as many opportunities as I can to hang out with him and his friends now.  That's one more reason that I am so glad not to be working right now.  I will volunteer in his class next year a lot more.

No comments: