Thursday, June 7, 2012

Piglet Plunge!

Jace and I did the Piglet Plunge together.  I felt kind of bad because he only had me to do it with.  I think he would have had lots more fun if he could have done it with a bunch of friends his age.  Next year!  Anyway, Brock was able to run along side us the whole way and take pictures.  We got pretty dirty even though Jace was really trying to stay as clean as he could.  I kept trying to get him to slide on his bum, or jump around and splash in the mud, but he wasn't having it.  Again, I think he would have done all of that if he had some friends doing it.

Before the race. 


Up the first hill.  Kids were running and kicking and splashing all around us.  Not Jace.



Through the freezing cold blowing water!



Over the pipes


Down a mudslide through the freezing blowing water again!  He wouldn't sit down and slide.

Gross!



Through the pipes



I painted under my eyes with mud and asked Jace if he wanted some.  Nope.

Over the hay bales

Down the slide.  By this time they had turned the water off, and the kids were just jumping down it.





You can see how deep the ditches were at this point.  That's where people were getting hurt during our race.



Again through the mud pools to get to the finish line.  I pretty much had to drag him in.  He wanted to just go around :)








We made it!


Before showers.

After showers.  We just ditched his shirt.  We waited in line for probably an hour for the warm showers.  Crazy! 

1 comment:

Heather Jones said...

What a champ to do it alone!! I am still sad we did not have the right shoes for Jordan to go he would have love it!! Next year for sure I will have all my kids go!!!