Sunday, January 13, 2013

Snow Day!

Thursday afternoon it started snowing, and it didn't stop until Saturday!  We got a call at 6:00 in the morning saying that school was cancelled because of the snow!  That never happens!  Jace goes off track Monday, so it was going to be his last day before that, but he got an early start!  We had a showing for our house between 11 and 1, and our driveway and walks were piled like 2 feet high, so I had to shovel since Brock was already at work.  Wow was that hard!  I haven't worked out forever, and that was quite the work out!  It took me about an hour, and Nixon and Jace were out playing with our neighbors while I did that.  Skee Fox even came by with his four wheeler pulling a sled behind it, and asked if the boys wanted a ride!  Seriously, the best neighborhood ever!  Then,  I wanted to get out of the house before the people came, so I hurried and fed Talon, and then left to meet some of my friends at Heartland Paper to find paper for our Valentine crafts that we're doing Monday.  Then, since we still had some time to kill, I took the kids to McDonald's for about an hour.  When we got home Leila and Talon fell asleep, but Jace and Nixon wanted to go play in the snow.  Luckily, we have the best neighbors, and they let Jace and Nixon play for hours while my babies slept.  First Heather took them to Lynette's to build a fort, jump on the trampoline, and play.  Then, they all went to the church parking lot where Skee was taking kids on rides behind his Rhino.  They were gone forever!  Lynette finally brought them home after 5:00!  They were pretty much frozen solid, but had the biggest smiles and fun stories to tell!  I was bummed that I missed it all, but luckily for me, my awesome friends took pictures and sent them to me!


Jace and Hailey - our neighbor across the street




Here is Skee getting them on the sled


Raimana, Dyson, and Nixon at Lynette's house
Best buddies.  These two ask to play together every single day.  It will be a sad day when we move


Jace and Jordan - Dyson's brother.  So fun having kids the same age right across the street!







What a fun snow day!  These boys were frozen and exhausted when they got home!   We really are going to miss our neighborhood so so much when we move!  That is, if we ever get an offer!  We had four showings yesterday, and another one tomorrow!  Time for another offer - hopefully one that goes through this time!

No comments: