Thursday, September 26, 2013

First Day of Soccer!

For some reason this season all of the games are on Saturdays.  That makes for some busy days.  And a couple of times their games overlap.  I guess we were lucky though, because some of my friends only have a couple of days when their kids DON'T overlap.
Today's games were at 10, 11, and 12, and at 3 completely different parts of the city, so it was a bit of a puzzle to get everyone where they needed to be.  Luckily they had Grandma K and Natalie to help.
Jace, and the Neon Ninjas were up first, and Jace did great!  I missed about the first half of the game, where he scored one of their 3 goals, and had a sweet save as goaly.  Darn it!  He and his team sure are awesome!





Up next was Miss Leila and the blue sharks.  I stayed at Jace's game until it was over, so Shauna took her to her game, and I got there about 15 minutes late.  She had been doing great until I got there.  Then she fell apart, and just wanted to sit with me and cry.  I didn't get any pictures of her playing, because I had to be out there with her holding her hand, but luckily Jessi got a few cute ones...of her crying.  Good thing she's cute in her uniform!







This is only half of the team.  The other half was crying or scared, or something else.  How did we end up with all the cryers??  At least Leila went in for the team cheer!
 Last, but not least was Nixon and the Green Hornets.  I'm not sure how he and Jace both ended up with these florescent jerseys, but whoa!  They are bright!    Nixon played great.  He likes to hang out a little bit behind the crowd, but every once in a while he'll get in there.  He had a couple of awesome assists!




Our cute soccer players!
I thought it was pretty funny that both boys have the same color AND numbered jersey...
Then I realized that Leila was number 6 too!  Um...bad omen?

No comments: