Thursday, March 31, 2011

California Days 1-2

Swimming!



Brock, Dale, and the kids flew in on Thursday and picked me up from my hotel. I was so so happy to be with my family again after 2 whole weeks without them! Nixon and Leila were asleep, and Jace gave me a big hug for about a whole minute! I love him so much! When Nixon and Leila woke up, they each looked at me in confusion, and then slowly got smiles on their faces. I just love my family, and have decided that 2 weeks is just too long to be without them. I won't be planning any trips that long without them for a long time!


We checked in to our hotel right across from Disneyland, and of course, the first thing the kids wanted to do was go swimming!



Did I mention that Leila started crawling while I was gone? Of course she did! Brock got it on video on his phone and sent it to me, like the good husband he is! Anyway, as you can imagine, she doesn't sit still for very long anymore! Not even for pictures!



Swimming with Daddy. She liked to dip her fingers in the water and then lick them. Yum!


It's such a pain to have to comb her hair 5 times a day. It's so long and flowing. I just don't know what to do with it!



1,2,3 JUMP!


Yeah, she likes to eat her toes.







Just relaxing in the hot tub. I've got some pretty awesome tan lines don't I?




She really was loving the water so much!



I asked Jace what he was doing. He said, "This is a cannon ball!"



Daddy doing tricks with Nixon



We went to Huntington Beach on Friday. The boys had lots of fun. The water was FREEZING! I left my camera in the car though, and I was so mad! Brock took a bunch of pictures and some videos on his phone, but if those ever end up uploaded onto our computer it will be a miracle. If he ever does, I'll post those another time. One wave came a little faster than Nixon could run and he went tumbling. He got a little scared, but the worst part was that it was just so cold. Poor guy. He was covered in sand. I just love watching kids play in the ocean and in the sand on the beach. It's one of my favorite things.

No comments: