Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Malaysia Days 1-2

Getting There:

Julia and I started planning this trip and booked our flights nine months in advance. We looked forward to it for so long, and it did not disappoint. We left on March 2nd around 3 in the afternoon, and got to Los Angeles and had about 7 hours until our flight for Hong Kong left. We have family that lives out there, so we called up some of our cousins and met them for dinner. They were nice enough to take me to the nearest pharmacy to get my sleeping pills (that my doctor took so long on the prescription that I had her call them in to a CVS in LA). Oh my gosh! Am I glad I got the pills! They made such a difference!


Here we are in Los Angeles waiting for Erin to come pick us up.


Me, Erin, Julia, and Heather at the yummy Italian restaurant that Erin works at.




Fast forward 17 hours (or so) later, and here I am in Hong Kong about to board the flight to KL. We both took sleeping pills as soon as we took off, and when we woke up we couldn't believe it had been 7 hours! The guy at the window could though. As soon as we woke up, he ran to the bathroom! I felt bad. Then I watched a movie, and figured that since I still had about 5 hours left, I should take another sleeping pill. Well, when the plane landed, the effects had not worn off, and I was like a drunk person walking (swaying) through the airport. Julia took care of me, and told me to just lay down at our gate. I slept practically until our next flight left.



We arrived in KL on Friday morning, March 4th, and my parents were so happy to see us! The first thing out of their mouths was,"I don't think I've ever seen you this white! You should have gone tanning!" Well, thanks, and true. We went to their house, and played games with some of their friends. It was really hard to stay awake that first night. I could have gone to bed at 5:00! They are 15 hours ahead of us, so it was the middle of the night for us.

No comments: