Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Malaysia Days 4-10

Laguna Redang Resort on Redang Island Sunday, we went to church with them. It is a very diverse branch, with people from all over the world. They all speak English though. It kind of makes you realize how ignorant we, as Americans are. Every person I ever spoke to while I was there spoke English, and for most of them it was their 2nd or 3rd language. Anyway, they all were going crazy over my hair. It was so funny. All of them asking if my hair was real. I kept saying that yes, it's real hair, but I dye it. No one in America would even question if my hair was dyed! They all know! Anyway, they kept wanting to feel it, and said it was so pretty. I told them that Julia's hair was real, that she had never dyed hers, but they didn't care. Hers wasn't blonde enough to be cool I guess.

Then, Monday we caught a flight to a little Island off the coast of Malaysia called Redang Island. We took the only airline that has a landing strip on the actual island, and then had to take a boat to our resort. The island is so small, and there are so few roads, so each resort has their own boats that they take people from the airport to the resort on.


Here are my parents on the little boat ride over.



And me and Jules



We liked this sign outside our door. "Please do not feed the monkey." We never actually saw any monkeys.



Here I am on the balcony.




The beautiful beach. White sand, warm clear water, what more could you ask for?




Here are Julia and I having one of our many hand stand contests. I won every time. Notice the white skin from before has now turned a nice shade of lobster red.


My dad got one of me walking along the beach. What he doesn't know, is that I am imagining that I am holding Brock's hand. Ha Ha!



Here are some more shots of us on our balcony.





It was a fun all-inclusive place where we got to go to this yummy restaurant for lunch and dinner every day. We had their buffet for breakfast. The buffet for lunch and dinner were too authentic for us Americans. Here we are cheersing our yummy fresh-squeezed juices. Have you ever had freshly squeezed apple or pineapple juice? Oh man, Julia asked for apple juice, and they brought it over and it was so so good. Like taking a bite out of an apple!


One day we decided to go on one of their snorkeling trips. Julia and I didn't actually snorkel, but we tagged along. I get creeped out, and am afraid that when I look up I am going to be face to face with a shark, and I just can't get past it! So I don't do it very much anymore. The place they took us had a separate little island connected by this cool little sand bar. We had to get some pictures!






They had a place to get massages for like $40 for an hour long full body massage! We all went one day, and then my mom and I went back a second day. We spent our evenings playing games and watching movies. It was a lot of fun, and very relaxing. I skyped with Brock and the kids a few times, and talked to him on the phone every day. We had to time it just right, because when he was going to bed at night, I was just getting up for the day, and vice versa. I missed them so much, and wish they could have been with me. While we were on the island, Japan had a huge earthquake with massive Tsunamis. We didn't hear about it until the next day, and we were kind of glad. We would have been up all night worrying that we were going to get hit by huge tidal waves! Luckily, Malaysia is well protected by other countries. We had such a great time!

No comments: