Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Malaysia Day 13

My Parent's Apartment Here I am on the balcony of my parent's apartment building. Its like 21 stories high or so. They are on the 4th floor, well, 3A, since Malaysians don't like the number 4. In the background you can see the red roof's of the US Embassy where they both work. It's crazy how lush and tropical it is all over, but then on the other side of their building is downtown KL. A big city full of high-rises. It's really cool.

We spent one morning at their pool. It's really nice.


Even with "the thong guy" in the background. I made Julia take a picture with him in it. He's an old guy! You can't really tell, but trust me, it was gross. I went up and told my mom I saw an old guy in a thong, and she said, "Oh, you saw our thong guy?" She was all excited!



The Petronas Towers (You know, the ones from Entrapment?)


After spending a little time at the pool, we got to go on a tour of the amazing Petronas Towers. At their base is another HUGE 6 story mall, so I got to shop again. Sometimes I wish it didn't give me such a good feeling to shop. It is pretty much my downfall. I love it, and get so excited at the thought of it!

These beauties are about a half mile from my parent's apartment.


First we went to the bridge connecting the two towers. They are about 54 floors up. Here is the view from there.




Then we got to go to the 86th floor! There are 88 floors, but I guess you can only go up to 86. Here is the top of the other tower straight on.




And a fun little lighted picture of KL.


Here is the same view from before, but from 30 floors higher! It was amazing!



Mei Keng Fatt (Appropriately pronounced Making Fat!)

We went to dinner that night with a few people my mom works with, and their families. It was really good food, and really good company. Julia and I were so happy to meet all of their friends. We now feel like we know why they love it there so much! They have such great friends!


There's the crab I ate...okay, not really. I did eat a crab, but not that one.


I had to get a picture of my dad driving on the wrong side of the car! It was crazy! There were a few times where I got super scared because I forgot about the whole driving on the left side of the road thing. I kept thinking people were coming at us!



Day 14 was just flying home. The flights were great, and uneventful once again. The long one from Hong Kong to Los Angeles went by really fast again. It was so great to be with my parents, and to see what it's like on the other side of the world. The only thing I would change about the trip, is the fact that I didn't have my family with me. Two weeks was just too long to be without them, and I missed them too much! Next time, we will all go, or at least Brock will come with me. It was so fun to spend time with my sister also. We had so much fun, and this is a trip I will never forget! Our flight went through LAX again on the return, and I just stayed there to meet up with my family for a fun Disneyland trip. That trip is coming up next!

2 comments:

Heather said...

So awesome! It looks like an amazing trip! I'm so jealous of how tan and cute you look, I'm getting fatter by the day ;) I would have been so scared to ride an elephant, but such a cool story for your kids! Great pictures, I can't wait to see the Disneyland ones!

the watkins said...

I'm so jealous. You're pictures are so beautiful and you look amazing!