Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Video Games

Every day after school my boys want to play games on the Wii or XBox. It's a problem. We now have a routine. Come home. Eat lunch. Take naps - meaning Leila takes a nap. For the most part, they have both grown out of naps. No playing games until Leila wakes up. Once she's awake they can play. They are loud, and yell, and fight, and argue, and that is not allowed while Leila is napping. I usually end up napping at this time too. It's been so nice only working part time! I have to admit though, Nixon usually only plays for about 30 minutes because it's at about that point every day that Jace makes him so mad that he throws his remote. Then he's done for the day. "Throw your remote, and you can't play for the rest of the day." I swear, it happens for Nixon every single day. I don't really know what else to do about it. He cries for a while, and is upset while he's in time out. But then he comes back over, apologizes, and watches Jace play. Anyway, that is our daily routine. Part of it. I guess we'll have to limit the game playing at some point, but for now we let them play.

Here they are before things got out of hand, which I'm sure they did at some point.

1 comment:

Scott and Tobi said...

Your two boys crack me up. They will love each other forever if they live through growing up. I know!!

Love Mom