Monday, October 14, 2013

Post- Baptism Luncheon

After the baptism we had everyone over for soup and rolls and dessert.  Thanks to so many people who were willing to help with food assignments we had broccoli cheese, beef stew, jalapeno avocado, chicken noodle, and taco soup.  My amazing friend and cook Lyndsey made 96 rolls from scratch that were to die for, and several yummy treats.  It was nice to finally have a big enough house to host a party like this.  And we were so glad that it was such a beautiful day so that we could set up tables outside too, and the kids could play out there too.









Some of my cute friends

And my beautiful sister

She wanted one with her shoes on and mine off.  Can we say GIANT?
 Then Jace got to open some presents.  He was just a little excited about this part.
Grandma and Grandpa K got him this blanket with his name and baptism date embroidered on it, and the book "The Holy Ghost is Like a Blanket"


Grandma B gave him a card with money!  Yay!


Mom and Dad got him his first set of scriptures with his name on them

We also got him a seek and find book about missionaries
After everyone was gone, I was pretty exhausted and someone snagged a couple pictures of me and sweet Talon



 That night, after most everyone had gone home we had a ping pong tournament.  Then me, Brock, Nolan, Treo, and Granny and Grandpa Sanders played games until way past our bedtimes!  I sure wish I wasn't so competitive, because I'm pretty sure no one likes to play games with me anymore!  It was such a fun day!
















No comments: