Friday, December 23, 2011

Jazz Game

Julia and her group "Mountain Blue" were chosen to sing the National Anthem for the first home pre-season game of the year.  The NBA has been in a lock-out until just recently, so their first home game wasn't until Wednesday.  Anyway, Spring Mobile, where Brock works, has a table in the Executive Suite, and though we knew it was a long shot, he asked if we could use those tickets if no one else was.  Well, we got them!  We decided to invite Dane and Annie so that they could see Julia sing also.  It was really fun.  
Julia and her group are on the right on the front row by the Jazz players just waiting to go on.

Here they are after the teams came out to the court.

I got much better pictures on the big screen.





I turned around and saw this.  Dane and Brock recording, and Annie enjoying.

I so wish I had brought my long lens!
 They really sounded so good!  It was so fun to get to hear them in such a huge Arena like this.  I even gave my signature "WOO!" at an awkward time so that Julia would know it was me!  She did!  Love it! 
In the Executive Suite, it's like a restaurant.  You start out sitting at a table, and even have someone waiting on you bringing you drinks.  You have to be 21 to go, and you can't wear jeans or tee shirts.  It's so fun to get to dress up, and enjoy a fun night with Brock - and see the Jazz play to top it off!  You then go to the buffet where they have all kinds of salads, and rolls, fruits, cheeses, crackers, crab claws, and shrimp etc. for appetizers.  Then you go back for the main course. 
My delicious dinner.  Don't worry, my meat was dead.
Dane, Annie, me, and Brock at the table.

You can then go down to some seats to watch the game if you want, and at half time they bring out the desserts.  Again, it's a buffet, so I tried a little bit of a bunch of things!

Strawberry cake, eclair, sugar cookie
Then we moved back down to our seats to watch the rest of the game.  Yeah, I need glasses in this kind of situation. 
It was such a fun night, and we are so glad Dane and Annie got to come enjoy it with us!  Great job Julia, and Mountain Blue!  You rocked it!

2 comments:

Scott and Tobi said...

It was so nice of you to invite Dane and Annie to join you.

Love, Dad

The Johnson Family said...

I think it is so awesome that Julia and Mountain Blue got to sing for the Jazz! Its even better that you were there to cheer her on.