Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Next Day

WOW!  Our house looked like a bomb had gone off!  For some reason, for me, the minute Christmas is over I just want to get it all cleaned up.  It's so strange, we start listening to Christmas music months before, we decorate, and have parties, and treats and go shopping all throughout December, and then the day comes and is gone just like that!  I woke up around 9:00am, and got started on the cleaning.  It took about 4 hours, but all the decorations are gone, the presents have somehow been given a new home, and it was just back to Monday - Laundry day.  Nixon asked if he got a chocolate from his advent calendar.  I told him sadly no.  It's over.  He asked how many more days till Christmas Eve Eve now?  I said oh, about 362.  He said, that's a lot.  Yeah, it is. 

Shot from upstairs


Shot from the kitchen

A few hours later.

This is one of my favorite things.  These stay up year round, so that I always have my friends and family close!

3 comments:

Scott and Tobi said...

I always love the house after I have decorated, and then I love it again when it is all cleaned up. Funny that!! What I am so excited for is the next Christmas. I don't want to miss a thing!!!

Love Mom

Scott and Tobi said...

Thanks for the great Christmas posts Jen. Nothing makes me happier than seeing my kids and grandkids loving each other and loving life.

Love, Dad

The Johnson Family said...

Isn't it amazing everything we do to get ready for Christmas and then its over so quickly? It looks like you had such a fun Christmas, and I'm so sorry that Nixon was sick. That is just awful! I'm glad that you pulled off the surprise for Brock. That's the best! I wish my house was all cleaned up like yours. I'll get there!