Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Jace Gets the Game Ball!

We got home from St. George, and pretty much went straight to Jace's baseball game.  Coach Skee had set up a scrimmage with a team in Layton, so we drove all the way there for the game.  Jace played so well, and the best part was when he got up to the plate to hit.  The bases were loaded, and if it would have been a real game, he would have struck out, but the coaches let him try one more time.  He swung, and crushed the heck out of that ball!  It went flying!  It was the furthest hit I've seen, and it went WAY over everyone's heads in the outfield.  He started running, and then went to 2nd, and then I got up and started cheering, then he made it to 3rd, and I was tearing up, still screaming!  He rounded 3rd, and was running for home, and I was dying!  He made it safely home, and officially had his team's, and his very first GRAND SLAM!!  It was amazing, and clearly one of the proudest moments of my life!  I ran over to him to give him high 5, and his whole team was going crazy!  It was awesome, and I am so glad we drove back to make it to this game.  Daddy was there too, and just as happy, but not quite as vocal, or teary-eyed as me.  Grandma and Grandpa K were there to witness it too.  It was such a great night, and Jace got the game ball!  I'm still not quite sure if Jace really realizes how cool it is to get a grand slam!



No comments: