Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Surprise!!!

So, a few weeks before Julia's 30th birthday, I had the idea of flying down to Arizona to surprise her.  I thought it would be even more fun if my mom came with me!  I talked to her about it, and we decided to go.  We had some issues with flights, but thanks to the best dad ever, we booked our flights and hotel, and tried to keep it as quiet as possible.  We talked to Matt, and told him our plans, and had him plan a party for the night we got there.
The day finally came, and I had been talking to Julia about what her plans were for the night, and trying to not give anything away about the fact that my mom and I were ON OUR WAY THERE!  She told us about how she just wanted to keep it low-key, and was having a little party at Matt's parent's house. Little did she know, we were going to be there!   We arrived around 3, and Matt was nice enough to pick us up at the airport and take us to our hotel.  We had a bite to eat, and just hung out until about 6, when Matt and Julia's friend picked us up to take us to the party.  I was so nervous the whole drive there, I don't know why!  When we pulled up, my heart was racing!  We went to the door, and knocked, and I could tell that it was Julia coming to answer the door.  She opened it, and looked at us so confused!  She saw her friends, and she saw mom and me, and just sat there for a second before she got a huge smile on her face, and asked, " What are you doing here?"  It was great.  We hugged, and came in to meet everyone there.  We had pizza, and cake and ice cream, and then played the bag game, which Julia and I won.














The next day I had to take advantage of the amazing weather, so Julia and I went down to the pool for a couple of hours.  Then Julia just happened to have a dress fitting, so mom and I were happy that we got to be there for that.  Then we went and got pedicures.  Matt met us for dinner, and we got to sing to the birthday girl.




Beautiful
 








 Our trip was short, and we left the next day, but it was so fun to be able to be there with her for her big 3-0!


No comments: