Wednesday, August 12, 2015

12 Years

I was going through pictures, and I thought it would be fun to post each of our pictures as a couple since we've been getting family pictures taken in 2007.  It was so fun to look at how we've changed through the years - especially my hair! 
2003

2007 - pregnant with Nixon

2008

2009-Pregnant with Leila

2010

2011

2012-pregnant with Talon
2013

2014

I wrote Brock a letter for our anniversary, here it is:

Brock,

12 years.  I can't believe it!  I am the luckiest girl in the world.  Sometimes I find myself just thinking about how lucky I am.  I appreciate you so much.  The husband you are, the father you are, the person you are.  They just don't come any better than you.
I am grateful for you every day.  Grateful for the way you love me, the way you treat me.  Grateful for the kind of father you are.  Coming home after a long day at work just to be bombarded by the kids wanting to immediately go out and play, and you do it.  Every day.  You are kind to them, and gentle.  You are firm when you need to be.  You teach them, and encourage them, and help them be better.  I love watching you with them.  I am grateful for the hard worker you are.  That you have rough, busy long days at work, but that you do your best every day.  You are someone that your company wants and needs.  I am grateful that you do this so that I can be home with our children.  I have loved being home these last few years.  It's trying sometimes, but I love being able to be there for them when they need me.  I am grateful for the brother, son, and in-law you are.  You are willing to drop everything for family, and I love that about you.  Sometimes I think that if there were a building on fire somewhere, you would be the guy to run in to save people - even if it meant you might get hurt, or worse.  And while that scares me, it also makes me proud.  I am just so grateful for you, and so proud to be your wife. 
Over the last 12 years of marriage, and year and a half of dating before that, there has not been a moment that I have not been happy with you.  I love you.  I love the family we have created together.  I love our home, and our life together.  I love when you laugh, and I especially love when I make you laugh.  I love talking with you, and going on dates with you.  I love staying at home and hanging out with our kids together.  I just really love my life, and I owe that to you.  You are it.  You are everything to me, and I just don't know what I'd do without you.  I hope you never question my love for you, because there is no greater feeling that I have ever felt, than the love that I feel for you and our family. 
I am just the luckiest.
Love you always,
Jennie


No comments: