Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Shadow Died

It has been so so hot outside, so before we went swimming for the day I made sure that Shadow's water was full.  When we got home around 4 hours later, I had Nixon run out to check on him, and make sure he still had water.  Nixon came in and said, "I think Shadow is dead."  Jace and I both jumped up and ran out there.  Sure enough, poor bunny.  Jace said, "I don't think he's dead.  He's just sleeping."  His eyes were open, and there were flies on him.  It was pretty sad.  I said, "No, I think he's dead."  Jace just started crying, and was so so sad.  His water bottle was completely empty, and usually it would last a couple of days, so I don't know if it was leaking, or if it was so hot, and he was so thirsty that he drank it all, and needed more.  I just don't know.  I felt awful. 
That night when daddy got home, we had a little funeral and buried Shadow. 

The kids all took turns putting dirt over the box.




No comments: