Monday, August 10, 2015

Spring Break - Vegas Style!

I really wanted to get away for Spring Break this year, so I talked Granny and Grandpa into going down to Las Vegas with me!  Brock couldn't come with us because he was invited to go to the Final Four games in Indianapolis.  Lucky. 
Anyway, we hit the road, and headed out of town. 
We just love the pool at the Worldmark resort there.  It has shallow parts where Talon can walk around and play, and deeper parts where the other kids can swim around.  The weather was just perfect!  With the help of my parents watching the kids, I was able to run 5 miles every morning, out on the Boulevard.  We don't stay on the strip, so I wasn't running there, but a few miles down the way. 










One of our vacation traditions is a manicure/pedicure with the girls.  Well, since no one else came, it was just me and mom!




One day we decided to mix things up, and instead of going to the pool, we went to this fun little park called the Container Park.  It has a fun playground in the middle, and all around it are shops and restaurants all made out of shipping containers.  Pretty cool!  The kids loved it, and we went to a yummy hotdog place.  So fun!








More swimming.
T had so much fun jumping to Grandpa





 My mom and I snuck away one night to go see the musical Jersey Boys at the Paris hotel on the Strip.  We went to dinner, and then the show.  It was great!

After my run one morning, my mom saw a video of a mom doing a plank, and she wondered how long I could do a plank before the kids all jumped on my back.  It was less than a minute.



We were so excited that Nolan and Treo's family could join us for the weekend.  The kids were so excited to have some cousins to play with!
Talon and Liv loved the baby pool



We had to stop at the playground by the pool after swimming every day

Jaylee and Leila loved doing twinner hair while we were together


Yummy burgers for dinner



We happened to be in Vegas for Easter, so the night before, we dyed eggs!



The kids loved having a sleepover in the front room!

T was brave and jumped to Jace

The boys laying on the warm cement




Granny wrapped T up tight, and rocked him and sang to him


My beautiful Leila



Granny loved the baby area as much as the babies!  They found a ball and had so much fun playing!







Mommy and her handsome boys
 We headed up to the hotel room after a while, and thought that maybe, while we had been swimming, the Easter bunny might have come!  We had sent the Easter bunny a letter saying that we were in Las Vegas, and leaving the next day, so could he please come see us on Saturday.  It worked!
The kids all anxiously awaiting to see if the Easter Bunny had come

Searching for eggs


And their baskets




Liv had to crawl in to get an egg!
Kash found lots of goodies too!

All my kids found their baskets!
All the cute kids
Twinner hair again


 I promised the boys that I would take them night swimming one night while we were there.  Well, since it was the last night, we had to go! 
Dancing in the dark
Leila and I soaking our toes in the hot tub.  The boys are on the stairs, but it's pretty dark


And here we are heading home.  It's always sad to leave a vacation.  We had such a great time!

No comments: